Copyright © 2014-2016 Abbey Veterinary Group. All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Webtouch Ltd www.webtouch.co.uk
What can fleas do to my pet?
• Flea bites cause discomfort and irritation.
• Many pets become sensitised to flea bites which lead to intense itchiness, and severe self-inflicted trauma.
• Fleas are responsible for transmitting some tapeworms to our pets.
How can fleas affect my family?
Although animal fleas do not live on people, flea bites can cause rashes in people and some individuals can develop intense skin reaction to flea bites.
How can I control the flea probem?
• Please consult us to discuss the options. Prinovox is included in the VIP Pet Healthcare Plan.
• It is practically impossible to prevent your pet coming into contact with fleas so regular treatments are necessary to control the problem.
Fleas breed throughout the year in centrally heated homes, therefore it is important to maintain a flea control programme throughout the year, killing adult fleas and preventing a build up in the environment.
Spot on applications such as Prinovox are applied on to the skin in the neck region and quickly kill adult fleas. If Prinovox is applied regularly every month it gives excellent long term control of fleas and will help to control skin problems.
Another almost unique feature of using Prinovoxis that it kills and prevents infestation with ear mites (Otodectes). This is a very common parasite, particularly in kittens and young cats and if untreated can lead to severe ear problems.
Prinovoxdoes not contain organophosphates or permethrins and is extremely safe.
• Almost all cats pick up fleas
• Fleas are present all year round
• Your house may provide a supply of developing fleas to attack your pet
• Fleas are a health hazard to both you and your pets
• Effective control involves treatment with the correct products throughout the year
Treatment of sick and injured animals is obviously a very important part of our work, but we are great believers in preventative medicine.